BROWARD COUNTY SERVICES
HIBISCUS CHILDREN’S CENTER
BROWARD COUNTY – MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
Contact: Dr. Janese Mullings-Williams • 954-405-0082
Hibiscus Children’s Center provides Community Mental Health Services in Broward County by a professional Licensed Mental Health Counselor. Counseling services focus on decreasing emotional and behavioral issues related to abuse, trauma, neglect, and mental health disorders. Our services include a wide range of experience and expertise in child and family therapy and age appropriate and best practice treatment interventions including Play Techniques, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP) and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR).
Families may seek our services for their child or teen to address issues related to:
• Low self-esteem
• Divorce and family conflict
• Child sexual abuse, physical abuse or neglect
• Drop in grades or problems concentrating in class
• Sudden changes in behavior, including withdrawal
• Excessive fears, phobias, anxiety, and depression
• Grief related to the death of a family member or friend
• Persistent defiance, aggression, and fighting at home and in school
• Unexplainable anger, temper tantrums, and defiance toward parents
Please contact us at 954-405-0082 for more information or to schedule an appointment for your child.